The Pitchfork Music Festival, now in its twelfth year, is returning to Chicago’s Union Park from July 14–16. The lineup has been released, and it looks stellar! This year’s headliners include LCD Soundsystem, A Tribe Called Quest, and Solange will close out the festival on Sunday. In addition to closing out the festival on Sunday, Solange Knowles’ label and arts platform, Saint Heron, will be collaborating with the Pitchfork Music Festival to host an onsite art installation, film screening, artist talks, late night jazz jam sessions, and more throughout Chicago:
- Thursday, July 13th @ Black Cinema House at the Stony Island Arts Bank – Saint Heron curated evening of film and discussion
- Friday, July 14th @ Soho House Chicago – Poetry reading and discussion presented by Young Chicago Authors and Saint Heron
- Saturday, July 15th @ The Promontory – Saint Heron Presents an After Fest Jazz Jam & Party featuring the select house band and special surprise guests
- Friday, July 14th – Sunday, July 16th @ On-site Saint Heron Installation Space – Saint Heron will feature works from contemporary black art makers for the duration of the festival
Pitchfork has consistently booked a solid mix of artists that are up and coming, on the verge of a breakthrough, and established acts at the top of their game. This year is no exception. Check out the Day by Day lineups and schedules below:
Kicking off strong on Friday, July 14th, the must-see acts include LCD Soundsystem, Dirty Projectors, Danny Brown, Thurston Moore Group, Vince Staples, Priests, Hiss Golden Messenger, Frankie Cosmos, and then some!
Saturday, July 15th sees the festival hit its stride with A Tribe Called Quest, PJ Harvey, Angel Olsen, Arab Strap, George Clinton & Parliament Funkadelic, Weyes Blood, Cherry Glazerr, and more.
Sunday, July 16th closes out the weekend strong with Solange, the Avalanches, Ride, American Football, Hamilton Leithauser, Pinegrove, and NE-HI.
For 2017, Pitchfork will set you back a pretty reasonable $175 for a three-day pass and $75 for single day tickets. There is also a new option for those who are looking to add some additional amenities to their weekend. Pitchfork +PLUS— is available at $365 for a three-day pass. Pitchfork +PLUS passes include everything that General Admissions passes provide plus:
- Access to premium food vendors
- Access to private specialty bars (21+ area)
- Deluxe air-conditioned bathrooms
- Shaded seating areas
Pitchfork Music Festival is coming up quick. With a great diverse lineup and reasonable ticket prices (including a layaway plan), Pitchfork is a can’t miss summer event. Jump on tickets HERE. Don’t wait on this one… Get ’em now!
And check out the Official site for additional information HERE.